Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lesson's Learned--from Chandler

In the few days I've been in the Dominican Republic, I have learned a few things....1. The Dominicans are the most passionate people I have ever met. They love their baseball, Jesus, food, but most importantly they love their families. In groups we went to different Dominican households and every family talked about their extended family because of how much they love their family. 2. At night expect to stay up listening to loud people yelling and laughing, here the sound of moto's or ATVs, and the occasional zooming cars (I've learned the beauty of earplugs!). 3. Always look both ways on the street (multiple times) before crossing or a moto might hit you! 4. Dominican men LOVE American women. Kimmy and I learned this very early into the trip, I'm sure you will here stories. 5. Doulos Discovery School has such a stronghold in faith and such a mission! Many teachers are American, so giving up their lives in the US to come here with total faith and peace in the promise that God will always be there for them, is so truly commendable!

This has been such an amazing experience...I can't wait to see what God has in store for our team in the next few days!!

-Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment