In the short time I've been here, the Dominican Republic has already had a huge impact on me. The passion here is one thing I've noticed a lot of. Their passion for Jesus is incredible and contagious. We went to church on Sunday and everyone was dancing and singing and they all got so into the music and the sermon; it was just an amazing thing to see and be a part of. Miss Bell, Alex, and I went to a host family for dinner a couple nights ago and the dad told us his whole story, him and his wife moved here just a few days after getting married to start a church and are currently working on starting another one. Their passion and faith in Christ really moved me. That's one thing that I really see in everyone here that is very different from America. The people working at the Doulos school all have amazing stories, most of them just picked up their lives and moved here because they felt God calling them to, and that's something that takes so much courage; I could only hope to be that brave. I speak from personal experience when I say, our lives at home tend to be very comfortable, we have our daily routines and life mapped out for us, we go to school, we get a job, we have a family. There is nothing wrong with that, but this trip has just made me realize that life doesn't have to be for everyone, God calls all of us for different purposes. I'm really excited to see what the rest of the week brings.
Sincerely, Cassidy
No comments:
Post a Comment