Friday, February 15, 2013

Tonight we fly to the Dominican Republic!


We're off tonight for a mission trip adventure to the Dominican Republic.  Months of planning and our time has arrived.  The team is so excited we can't contain it.  We look forward to this adventure and the chance to serve Doulos school in Jarabacoa.

The Doulos Discovery School is a fantastic organization.  find out more about Doulos They follow a method of teaching called "expeditionary learning" and it's neat to see the great learning activities they develop.  For Bear Creek, our purpose on this trip will be simply to serve however we can.  We know we'll be working on a construction project, and we know we'll be in the classroom a little bit. 

Most of all I look forward to the people we'll meet and the ways we'll grow as a team.  I'm going to try to post some thoughts and perhaps get students in on it too depending upon time and our internet access.

Thanks for all your prayers for our team for safety and health, team bonding, a spirit of service and great relationships with Dominicans that we meet!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you all. I pray the Lord will Bless you all and keep you safe as you are His hands, feet and heart to the people of DR.

    ReplyDelete