Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vision

The vision for ministry here is incredible. I had a great talk with Chad and Krista yesterday. They are the founders of the school and all the various ministries that are offshoots. Chad has also started a building company called Colorado Designs and has done a lot of custom homes and even projects for the town of Jarabacoa.

Empowering servant leadership and making an impact on the community is at the heart of the program here. It's neat to see that lived out at all organizational levels. Tuesday we heard about their sponsorship program and how they use sponsors in the States to be matched with kids here. Over 50 percent of students are on full scholarship and even those who pay full are still only paying about half of what it costs per student per year (approximately $7,000). A large percentage of this is raised through support of schools, churches and individuals.

I think this is a very strong candidate for Bear Creek to consider a long term partnership. I could see teachers visiting here, students coming for a semester, and lower school classes sponsoring classes here! Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment